Rajinikanth Discharged from Hospital, Advised Complete Bed Rest for One Week

After test reports of superstar Rajinikanth came out to be normal, Apollo Hospital in Hyderabad said on Sunday that he has been discharged from their care.

“All the investigations reports have come in and there is nothing alarming in the reports. The team of doctors will evaluate him this afternoon and take a decision on his discharge,” said the medical bulletin issued by the hospital on Sunday morning. Now, he has been discharged.

“He has been advised complete bed rest for one week and minimal physical activity. In the view of of his condition, he has also been counselled to avoid any activity that increases the risk of contracting coronavirus,” the hospital has shared in his latest medical bulletin of the actor.

The 70-year-old was admitted to the hospital on Friday with severe fluctuations in blood pressure.

The hospital, in its bulletin on Saturday evening, had described his condition as stable and stated that a decision on his discharge from the hospital was taken on Sunday after test reports came out with nothing alarming in them.

Rajinikanth’s daughter is with him in the hospital. Family and treating doctors have requested all well wishers to avoid visiting the hospital.

The actor was shooting for Tamil film ‘Annaatthe’ in Hyderabad for the last 10 days.

A couple of people on the film sets had tested positive for Covid-19. Rajinikanth was tested on December 22 for Covid and he was negative. Since then he isolated himself and was monitored closely.

Though he did not have any symptoms of Covid-19, his blood pressure showed severe fluctuations and needed further evaluation for which he was admitted to the hospital.

Be Sociable, Share!

Leave a Reply